About CT Training
Education for Tennis & Fitness Professionals
Cardio Tennis education is the cornerstone for a successful program and quality control and safety is our priority. Training is available for:
- Certified Tennis Professionals
- Certified Fitness Professionals
- Other Facility staff such as front desk personnel and management
What Happens During Cardio Tennis Training?
- A condensed version of a true Cardio Tennis class
- What it is like to be on the receiving end of the ball so you know what the consumer is experiencing.
- Training with a heart rate monitor
- Proper feeding techniques
- Hands on practice on delivering your own Cardio Tennis experience
- A variety of activities for warm-up, cardio, cool down and cardio blasts
- Delivering a safe and healthy workout, utilizing all the tools
- Marketing and promoting your program for optimal success
- Providing the ideal workout for each person based upon their fitness and ability level
- Playing games in the Cardio Tennis class
- The six components, purpose and benefits of Cardio Tennis
- The 3 segments of a proper Cardio Tennis class
- The importance of drill based and play based exercises
- How to deal with mixed ability levels
- Heart rate and heart rate monitor training
- A Certificate of Completion
- Information on music and heart rate monitors
- Information on how to become a Cardio Tennis Licensed Professional
Training Requirements - United States
Beginning in 2012, tennis and fitness professionals in the US are required to attend a course to become a Licensed Cardio Tennis Professional. If you have attended a course anytime from 2012 to date, you are considered current. If you attended any course prior to 2012 you will be required to attend another course as the product and education has changed significantly since it was introduced in 2005. Facilities which are considered part of the Cardio Tennis Instructors Network should have at least one tennis professional on staff who is a Licensed Cardio Tennis Professional.
Training Requirements - Internationally
If you reside in the UK, Australia, Canada or Japan you will need to meet the specific educational requirements of those federations. For training please click here for more information. If you reside in any other country please contact Michele@CardioTennis.com All Cardio Tennis training, consumer events, and presentations are conducted by members of the Cardio Tennis Global Trainers Team. Training from anyone else is not authorized by the Tennis Industry Association. ×Once you have completed Cardio Tennis training you will be a Licensed Cardio Tennis Professional and have the option to take advantage of a 1 year inclusion into the Cardio Tennis Instructors Network at a significant savings.
Cardio Tennis Consumer Events
Looking for a great way to kick-off or re-launch your program? A Cardio Tennis consumer event is a high energy Cardio Tennis spectacle that is sure to create attention and buzz from media and consumers.Led by a TIA Cardio Tennis Trainer it can include multi-court Cardio programming with music, heart pumping drills, a flurry of high fives and heart rate monitors. A consumer event is 90 minutes and includes 15 minutes of consumer education and HRM training, 60 minutes Cardio Tennis class, 15 minutes wrap up and Q and A. To schedule a consumer event please email Michele@CardioTennis.com for more information.
About Cardio Tennis
Cardio Tennis is a fun group activity for anyone at any playing level looking for a fun way to burn calories & interact with others outside of the gym.
Cardio Tennis is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout.