What Can You Expect?
- Participants are able to achieve their effective heart rate zones with ease because of the fun factor
- You can burn more calories than singles or doubles and many other fitness options
- Provides interval training scenario which is effective way to achieve heart health and fitness
- It is a fun group activity where players of all ability levels enjoy tennis together
- While you are “playing” tennis the primary focus is on getting a great workout
- Fights the obesity crisis and offers a better fitness option for those who do not like to go to the gym
Cardio Tennis is For Everyone
If you have some hand/eye coordination you can do Cardio Tennis because it is not about where or how you hit the ball. The use of Cardio balls makes playing the sport easier because the ball moves slower.
The best way to train for tennis is through tennis; all professional players use forms of Cardio Tennis to train. Using transition balls makes it difficult for good players to hit a clean winner, therefore the ball stays in play longer which means more "cardio". In addition, Cardio Tennis helps improve speed and agility, making players faster on court and able to adapt to the variety of situations faced in a typical tennis match.
A great option for keeping kids moving using music and pedometers, utilizing the 10 and Under Tennis Format.
This class is for you too and will improve your footwork, the difference is the intensity level is lower and slower which still provides a safe and healthy workout.