Step 1 - Attend a Training Course
Each year, the Tennis Industry Associaton arranges Cardio Tennis Training courses throughout the country and internationally for tennis and fitness professionals to become licensed Cardio Tennis Professionals. The typical training course is 7 hours long and covers everything you need to know from top to bottom about running a successful Cardio Tennis program. To find a training course in your area, visit our "Training Courses" page on this website or click the button below.
Step 2 - Become Part of the Instructors Network
Cardio Tennis is a registered trademark and brand, therefore to use the name and deliver the product under the Cardio Tennis brand, you must become part of the Cardio Tennis Instructors Network. CTINs (as we like to call them) get access to resources, drills and games, and marketing materials to help make your program a success. Becoming part of the Instructors Network is quick and easy! We look forwarding to having you as a part of our Cardio Tennis delivery system!
Why Offer Cardio Tennis - Consumers Want It!
The Sport and Fitness Participation Report from the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) states; today’s Physically Active Americans Want ‘Better Return’ From Their ‘Exercise Investment’. Three of the top 5 findings include:
- Consumers want Group Exercise: It’s Motivating & Has Social Appeal. Class-oriented fitness activities -- like high-impact aerobics, low-impact aerobics, and step aerobics – continue to have solid participation gains. Group exercise classes provide an economically attractive and psychologically uplifting environment that inspires people to perspire, alongside friends and colleagues.
- Consumers want Tennis: It Has Social, Fitness, & Competitive Appeal. Since 2000, tennis participation has jumped 31%. Whether it’s singles or doubles, played indoors or outdoor, traditional or Cardio, people are falling in ‘love’ with tennis again.
- Since 2008, six activities have had statistically significant, double-digit growth in participation. They are Cardio Tennis (41.8%), cardio kickboxing (20.1%), snowshoeing (17.4%), bow hunting (13.5%), yoga (13.2%), and table tennis (12.2%).
It is Game Improving
Incredible Health Benefits of Cardio Tennis
- Participants are able to achieve their effective heart rate zones with ease because of the fun factor.
- You can burn more calories than singles or doubles and many other fitness options.
- Provides an interval training scenario which is the most effective way to achieve heart health and fitness.
- It is a fun group activity where players of all ability levels enjoy tennis together
- While you are “playing” tennis the primary focus is on getting a great workout.
- Fights the obesity crisis and offers a better fitness option for those not motivated to go to a workout gym.